The Grand Prix is over now and I'm waiting for the statements of the drivers to be published, yet I can't seem to get the bitter taste out of my mouth. I'm a hardcore Ferrari fan and even though I knew beforehand that the cars of the Scuderia won't be competitive enough at this circuit, I am greatly disappointed of the results. Kimi is second and it was obvious that he was probably the quickest of the top finishing duo even though I have to say that Hamilton tends to become even more likeable in my eyes with every finish he makes. Yet my personal preferences are for Felipe and right now I am frustrated to say at least. I think the Scuderia screwed him up, not only yesterday, but today also, especially with the pointless pit-stop strategy. I know Baldisserri is famous, or should I say infamous, for his great strategic decisions, yet I still struggle to find the geniusness of the decision of starting with full fuel load at a circuit that has virtually no place where an overtake can be done. I just wonder what could have happened if they chose a 4 stop uber-aggressive strategy for Massa? Could it be a point or two, for the driver and for the team? Who knows. Anyway, Istanbul is coming in 3 weeks, tests are forbidden, and having in mind the technological advantage of McLaren's facilities, I think Ferrari will be pushed to the limit once again. By the way, Nick, Robert, Ralf and Heikki to some extend were all great today. I have to say they are the guys that should get the attention after this weekend of F1 madness.
Just a final though. Yesterday during the Qualify Stage I saw a sign saying "Schumi Come Back!" Well... ... please, just do it!
No comments:
Post a Comment